When a consumer is looking for a way to save money on external hard drives for their Xbox One it helps to do some proactive research.
Things to Bear in Mind When Searching for the Fastest Xbox One External Hard Drive
There are few things you need to bear in mind when searching for the fastest Xbox One external hard drive. The first thing to be aware of is the data transfer limitations that are inherent in the Xbox One designs. While there is a USB3 port on the Xbox One the console does not leverage the full transfer speeds of USB3. Individuals who were thinking about purchasing a high speed solid state drive (SSD) should refrain from doing that. Instead of spending money on the SSD it would be more prudent to invest in a mechanical drive.
Selecting the Right Mechanical Drive for Your Xbox One
· Who is making the hard disks? Find out the name of the hard disk manufacturer and whether they have been in business for a very long time. If the organization has not been around for a couple of years you should not purchase their hard disk.
· What is the capacity of the hard drive? Xbox One games can be data intensive so you should focus on disk drives that can house a considerable amount of data in the range of 1TB ~5TB should meet the needs of most gamers.
· Is the hard drive reliable? The last thing you want to deal with is a hard drive that dies while you are playing a game. Seek out the disk drives that have the highest durability.
When you have established which brand of hard disk is the most reliable you can start looking for the online vendors that are selling them.
Getting the Best Deal on an Xbox One External Hard Drive
· Identify all of the retailers that are selling the brand of hard drive you want to purchase. Note the retail price each of them are quoting. Does the price factor in taxes and delivery? If not you should confirm those costs.
· Does the online vendor have a great reputation? The only way to establish the reputation of the prospective online vendor is to look for feedback that was left by people who recently bought their hard drive. No vendor will have a perfect reputation but you should deal with those who have a stellar track record.
· Does the vendor have a free return policy? Since the hard drive has to be shipped to you it could become damaged. If the online retailer does not have a free return policy then you would have to pay extra to return the defective hard drive for a new one. These costs can really add up so look or retailers that offer free exchanges.
After you have established which of these retailers have the best pricing you can buy the Xbox One external hard drive and save some cash in the process.